Paleo cocao chocolate is dark, raw chocolate which is loved by many people. It is also referred to as chocolate liquor or unsweetened chocolate, even though it is non-alcoholic. It is has become one of the most favourites sugars among athletes and individuals suffering from diabetes. Unsweetened chocolate is also used in creating fun custom chocolates. The santa barbara chocolate paleo chocolate is obtained from seeds of an evergreen cocoa tree found in South America. These seeds are also used in making cocoa butter, chocolate and cocoa.
High-quality organic chocolate should pass stringent requirements to guarantee it true taste and superb quality, which are the main characteristics if genuine chocolate. People should be very careful when sourcing its ingredients to sustain the livelihood of individuals who live there. This can also help them in sustaining the forests. Pure cacao has a savour flavour.
Cacao Chocolate for Diabetes
Individuals suffering from diabetes are supposed to eat a balanced and healthy diet. They should avoid eating high-fat and sugary foods that may affect their long-term diabetes management. Some people believe that they cant eat chocolate if they have diabetes. This is just a myth. Eating chocolate in moderation cannot affect your blood sugar level. However, they should avoid eating it to satisfy their hunger. Cacao chocolate is recommended for such people because it does not have any refined sugars.
Health Benefits Associated With Raw Cacao
- It is loaded with a mood booster known as phenylethylamine
- Stimulating the release of endorphins
- It has antioxidants that stimulate improves circulation and cardiovascular health.
- Regulating high blood pressure and heart health
- Rich in calcium, antioxidants, zinc, iron, potassium and dietary fiber
- Loaded with manganese that plays an essential role in oxygenating blood
- It has a high content of sulphur that is required for building strong hair and nails
- Loaded with magnesium that is used in balancing the brain
- Promoting the secretion or release of transmitters such as serotonin- these transmitters are helpful in relieving
- PMS symptoms and boosting one’s mood
How to Identify High-Quality Raw Cacao
The benefits discussed above are for raw cacao. The following are the proven tips that can help you in choosing high-quality raw cacao.
- Scanning the ingredient’s label and making sure that it does not have any hidden ingredients. Some chocolate companies are known for using soy lecithin which is an emulsifier.
- Make sure that it does not have additional sugars-100 % raw cacao is sugar-free
- Looking for fair trade